Kneading is a massage technique in petrissage movement’s category. In fact, the name petrissage is derived from the word petrir which means 'to knead' and kneading massage is used for the deeper tissue actions, which follow once the muscles and bodily tissue are warmed and relaxed by Effleurage strokes.
We can get kneading massage from kneading massage chair too. It is very simple and easy massage chair is here to provide us kneading massage chair online.
The technique of kneading massage
This element of the process involves applying deep pressure to muscles and other tissues using kneading.
This technique is most commonly practiced using the base of the palm and the padded tips at the end of your fingers and your thumbs on fleshy areas such as calves, hips, thighs and across shoulders. Kneading massage should not be used on the face.
Benefits of kneading massage
- Petrissage is kneading movements with the hands, thumbs, and/or fingers
- It helps toxins to be released from deeper muscle tissue
- It Increases circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- By using this massage, muscle tone is enhanced as fatty tissue is broken down.
- Bu using this massage, Friction is circular pressure with the palms, thumbs, and fingers.
- Effleurage is gliding strokes with the palms, thumbs, and fingertips.
This technique of massage promote health and wellbeing of the human body and relax the muscles to take away the pain one may have from injury or overworking of the body. It also helps dilate blood vessels, gives a better understanding of how the body works, prevent injuries and boost performance leading to bigger and stronger muscles.
Kneading massage can help with the digestive system in getting it to digest things better and not hold so much gas. It is very helpful in digestive process.
It also helps with slowing your breathing so you can breathe easier. It may also help you get better sleep at night to wake up bright and ready in the morning. In short, this type of massage is beneficial for digestive as well as respiratory system.
Effects of kneading massage
Pain reduction tension and waste products in muscles can often cause pain. Kneading massage helps reduce this in many ways including releasing the body's endorphins. Relaxation Muscles relax through heat generated, circulation and stretching. Increases nutrients to all systems through blood. It adds removal of metabolic waste products in the body.
- The stroking movements in massage suck fluid through blood vessels and lymph vessels.
- Kneading massage causes the pores in tissue membranes to open, enabling fluids and nutrients to pass through. This helps remove waste products such as lactic acid and encourage the muscles to take up oxygen and nutrients
- Kneading Massage can stretch tissues that could not be stretched in the usual methods.
- Scar tissue is the result of previous injuries or trauma and can effect muscle, tendons and ligaments. This can lead to inflexible tissues that are prone to injury and pain. Kneading massage is here to remove it.
- Hard training can make tissues hard and inelastic. Kneading Massage helps reverse this by stretching the tissues.
- What massage also does is open or dilate the blood vessels and by stretching them this enables nutrients to pass.
So these are some effects of kneading massage.